Rice Flakes Balls (Aval Unda)
Similar to the rice balls(Ari Unda or Avalose Unda), but with a slight variation. Here, rice flakes (pressed rice) are used instead of rice grains. ‘Quick and Easy’ recipe for the busy working Moms & Dads.
1. Rice flakes (Aval) – 3 cups
2. Coconut (grated) – 1 cup
3. Jaggery (grated) – 1 cup
4 Cashew nuts- 1/2 cup
1. Clean the rice flakes well, remove any impurities and fry it well, on a low flame, in a frying pan.
2. Remove from the fire when the rice flakes become crispy, but should not change colour.
3. Powder the fried rice flakes in a mixer-grinder and keep aside in a plate.
4. Now, powder the coconut, cashew and grated jaggery together in the mixer-grinder, and add it to the powdered rice flakes.
5. Knead the mixture well by hand and roll into small balls.