Tropical Pie Pudding
I wanted to make something that has an American twist but with a tropical flavor. So, I decided to create a pie dessert that has ripe plantains,cardamom,and grated coconut. Enjoy!
3 Very ripe plantains, steamed and mashed
1 Egg, beaten
½ teaspoon Ground cardamom
1 cup Instant vanilla pudding
3 Tbsp Grated coconut
½ cup Sugar(adjust to the sweetness of ripe plantain)
2 Tbsp All purpose flour
Almonds for garnishing
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed ripe plantains,beaten egg,ground cardamom,vanilla pudding, all purpose flour, 2 Tbsp grated coconut and sugar
3. Grease a pie dish and transfer the mixture into it.
4. Sprinkle over the plantain mixture almonds and 1 Tbsp grated coconut.
5. Bake at 325°F for about 25 to 30 minutes
Serve warm or cold…
4 thoughts on Tropical Pie Pudding
Thanks on posting such mouthwatering recipes they r worth trying , I have a doubt on this one though… what is instant vanilla pudding ? is there any alternative for it ??
Thanks & regards
Thanx for visiting Sibiskitchen.com. You can get instant pudding mix packets in any supermarket. I hope this info helps. Keep coming.
sibitha , your recipes are awesome. worth trying…. i have tried few items all came out well… keep going!!! 🙂
Thanks for the lovely feedback Neenutty…good to see you here.. Visit frequently:)