31 May, 2011
Tropical Pie Pudding
I wanted to make something that has an American twist but with a tropical flavor. So, I decided to create a pie dessert that has ripe plantains,cardamom,and grated coconut. Enjoy!
3 Very ripe plantains, steamed and mashed
1 Egg, beaten
½ teaspoon Ground cardamom
1 cup Instant vanilla pudding
3 Tbsp Grated coconut
½ cup Sugar(adjust to the sweetness of ripe plantain)
2 Tbsp All purpose flour
Almonds for garnishing
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed ripe plantains,beaten egg,ground cardamom,vanilla pudding, all purpose flour, 2 Tbsp grated coconut and sugar
3. Grease a pie dish and transfer the mixture into it.
4. Sprinkle over the plantain mixture almonds and 1 Tbsp grated coconut.
5. Bake at 325°F for about 25 to 30 minutes
Serve warm or cold…