16 July, 2010
Mutton veggie soup
This is one of my favorite soup in the whole world. To top it off, this mineral rich bone soup is very good for health.
Goat/Mutton – 250 gm
Bay leaves – 2
Pepper corns – 2 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Onions(chopped) – 1
Carrots(chopped) – 2
Broccoli head (chopped)-1 medium
Ginger (crushed) – A small piece
Green chillies( chopped )- 1No
Salt – As reqd
Pepper powder – As reqd
Water – 2 cups
1) Pressure cook the mutton with water, bay leaves, pepper corns, crushed ginger, green chillies and salt .
2) Heat oil in a pan, lightly fry onions and add chopped carrots. Let it cook for 10 minutes
3) To the mutton soup add the above mixture .
4) Add salt and pepper powder to taste, broccoli pieces and cook for another 5 minutes
5) Serve hot with multigrain bread or a simple toast.